A 12Tribe Films blog about online promotions and screenings regarding Jewish and Israel related movies

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Musical about Shlomo Carelbach!

This is unbelievable. I don't think Shlomo Carelbach would've believed it himself.

A Broadway musical about Shlomo Carlebach

Who would've thought? He was always the counter-culture and never the mainstream. It took his passing to bring his music into the Jewish mainstream and now a Broadway musical! 

If you love Shlomo Carelbach (and your understanding of the laws pertaining to hearing a woman sing does not forbid you from seeing a Broadway musical) then you must see this musical.

I just saw the video promo on wejew.com which led me to the musical's website. But I know nothing more than what is written on the website.

Does anybody have more information about this new musical? If you do please contact @12tribefilms on twitter or avi at 12 tribe films dot org. I'd love to hear the inside scoop about this show.

I have no idea if it is good or not, but who cares. How often is there a musical about a great Jewish musician?

Check out the musical promo right here at Home Game TV!


No comments:

Post a Comment